This is an announcement that the 2017-call (for granting in 2018-2020) is now open for Principal Investigator (PI) and junior Principal Investigator applications. All researchers of the Radboudumc who feel they (now) meet the criteria should (re)apply for the PI or junior PI predicate. The deadline for application is February 1st, 2017.
In 2008, Radboudumc approved a system for recognizing excellent and promising researchers, the so-called Principal Investigator (PI) predicate and bonus system. In 2012, the Executive Board decided to adjust the criteria for (junior) PI, which were fully implemented in the round 2015. For this 2017-call these adjusted criteria are still fully operational.
It is important to inform you already about the following. The Executive Board realises the valuable debate on our “research performance funding system” and “sustainable science”, and installed a special committee to advise the Executive Board about the BONZO- and PI-system and other related instruments.
Based on the advice of this committee and thorough discussion with the directors of the research institutes, the Executive Board has decided to revise the funding system and the associated (j)PI criteria in the 2018-call (for granting in 2019-2023). With these adjustments we expect to achieve a better balance between the quantitative and qualitative criteria, with the final goal to stimulate and support scientific excellence ,
independent research leadership and societal impact in a fair and transparent way. More information about these future criteria will be announced in December 2016.
A researcher ID is required for all applicants. If you have no researcher ID yet, you will be supported in accomplishing this by Mrs. A. Matthijssen.
Please note: do not submit an application if you are already acknowledged as PI or junior PI for the year 2018, except when you are acknowledged as junior PI and feel you have reached the PI level.
A single application form is available for PI and junior PI requests, irrespective of the research institute you participate in. The current list of PI’s and junior PI’s, an overview of journal rankings, the 2017 (junior) PI application form and 2017-criteria for Radboudumc (junior) PI 2018-2020 are available on the intranet.
- Deadline for submission is February 1st, 2017.
- Completed (junior) PI application forms and the requested attachments should be submitted in one bundled PDF-file to the PI mailbox,
- A committee of representatives of each of the research institutes will be installed by the Dean. The committee will assess all applications and issue an advice to the Dean.
- The Executive Board will decide on the applications before approximately May 15th, 2017.
- Every applicant will be informed individually about the outcome before the end of May 2017.
- The appointment as PI or junior PI will be valid for the years 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Please read the application form carefully. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact dr. Nathalie Bovy, secretary PI-committee: (06-11707266).
<< back to overview news items