The Radboud Institute for Health Sciences is organizing an Open Day in the Weekend of Science, on Saturday 7 October between 11:00 and 16:00.
At Radboudumc, visitors can become a health scientist for a day and discover how special healthcare research is. See, feel and hear how exciting the world is at the Radboud Institute for Health Sciences.
- Is pain thrilling? Find out how it affects you in virtual reality and join the National Research Project (Groot Nationaal Onderzoek) for pain!
- Discover what 3D printing brings to healthcare
- What happens to your body when you exercise? Get tested
- He or she. What influence does it have on your health? Do the gender quiz
- Talk to Pepper the Robot
- Perform an operation or climb into an (inflatable) MRI scanner
- Do you have a future as a radiologist? Take a look at chest images
We sometimes seem to take for granted how good our healthcare is. We have come to expect a lot. And we keep expecting more. We know that there are more and more possibilities. Examinations are less demanding, diagnosis and treatments are becoming more accurate. That doesn’t happen automatically. Lots of time and money is put into research that can improve healthcare. The scientific research at the Radboud Institute for Health Sciences creates practical healthcare innovations. So that we all benefit from it. Every day, hundreds of researchers work on improving healthcare.
More information in Dutch: www.radboudumc.nl/weekendvandewetenschap
Host is Diederik Jekel: science journalist, columnist and presenter.
<< back to overview news items